November 24th, 2011
- For my beautiful daughter. She is a delight every day. I will make everyone I know listen to her say “cock a doodle doo” repeatedly as it is the most adorable thing I’ve ever heard.
- For my unborn daughter, who though a surprise is extremely welcome and a complete blessing. In two months I will get to see her face to face and for that I am indescribably thankful.
- For my husband, who takes on the tasks I refuse – including cat duty and bug removal. Who agrees with my longing to become more self-sufficient. Who thanks me when I cook him dinner. Who does laundry and watches our daughter and works all night. Who is in home tech support and in home moral support.
- For my family and for my friends.
- I have a job when so many do not.
- Learning new skills – I made jam this year and have managed to can enough salsa and spaghetti sauce for my family for the next year. It’s not easy work, and would be more convenient to buy, but I have a great sense of pride in opening something I made and giving that to my family.
- We have all been relatively healthy – and pray that my father continues to stay mostly healthy as we wait for his new kidney.
- That even when things don’t turn out the way we want or plan, they still turn out okay.
- That I have been so blessed to travel and I truly hope we continue the tradition with our girls.
- That we have everything we need and aren’t truly lacking as so many people are struggling with these days. I will continue to remind myself of that every day.